I'm on Pinterest! Check out my photo boards at http://pinterest.com/tillmanskates

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dads, Dogs & Baseball

The past few months I've been busy attending Bark in Park events at baseball games around the country. I even threw out the ceremonial first pitch at a few Major League Baseball games too, like the day I was at the LA Dodgers in this photo here. Baseball is about as American as it gets. Since Father's Day in the US is approaching (June 17th) I got to thinking about Dads. My dad Ron is the best dad a dog could bark for. He is generous with his time, generous with the snacks, and a patient trainer too. I love my dad. I also have the benefit of another dad figure in my life...Dick Van Patten. As the co-founder of my sponsor company Natural Balance Pet Foods, Dick Van Patten is someone I get to see often. He is a great guy and loves animals too. Lots of people know him as the dad on the 70's and 80's TV show Eight is Enough on ABC. My fans always tell me he was the type of dad everyone wanted as their own dad. I'm lucky enough to have two dads, Ron Davis and Dick Van Patten. You know what's even better? Both my dads love baseball too. So I totally lucked out that Dads, Dogs and Baseball make such a great combination. Dick attended the Dodger game a few weeks ago to cheer me on as I threw out the pitch. He even scratched my butt after and made me smile. Sometimes I think I'm the luckiest dog in the world.

1 comment:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Mr Dick is a good man
Benny & Lily