I'm on Pinterest! Check out my photo boards at http://pinterest.com/tillmanskates

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Find a New Friend at Your Local Shelter

I might be 'barking to the choir' by writing this, but I felt it was time for a fresh post advocating adoption and rescue. There are lots of really great cats and dogs at shelters and non-profit rescue groups all across the country that are waiting for YOU. Pets in your very own community who need a home, who just want someone to love unconditionally and cuddle up to at night. Someone to give you kisses of gratitude in the morning and when you come home from work in the evening. Do some research on the internet so you understand what is involved in rescue and adoption. Be sure you know what the needs of a particular breed can be before you adopt. But please,  do consider doing something self-less today, help an animal in need. I saw this clip art on a website somewhere and "borrowed" it for this post. Hey I'm a dog, what do I know. I just wanted to help spread the word to my fans that if everyone went out and adopted a pet this month, the country would be a better place. If for some reason you just cannot adopt a pet right now, consider donating your time or money to your LOCAL shelter.

AND...If you send me your photos of pets you adopt this month, I'll include them in a special new photo board on my Pinterest account.

1 comment:

Two French Bulldogs said...

we agree Mr. Tillman!
Benny & Lily